Sunday 15 April 2012

Grub...

The Harbour Inn is not your average pie & pint establishment. If they were to serve a pie, it would almost certainly be accompanied by a velouté, jus and whisky-infused foam. Having said that, I had a very pleasant sea bass with stuff and bits (I'd never be a restaurateur) and a glass of Rioja blanco (that Spanish waitress again). I needed all this food for my walk home, so I figured it was worth the treat, even if I admit I should have checked the prices before I made myself comfortable with the treacle scone and vinegar-infused tea.
My table is in the big bay window with a view over Loch Indaal, where the sea comes into the heart of Islay. I can see the gulls diving for fish and, in the distance, the greeny-grey peaks on the Isle of Jura (I think they're called the Paps of Jura, which seems odd to me since there are three of them.)
Sadly I can also see the tiny white buildings where I need to walk to... Time to pay the bill and gird my parts for the long walk back. There's a bar there waiting for me...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment