Saturday 14 April 2012

First leg completed

Inveraray, almost a one-street town but they've been clever and got Main Street East and Main Street West to make it sound much bigger than it really is.
Until the Erskine bridge the journey from Middlewich was pretty dull, though there are some nice views through the lakes and from some stretches of the M74. But then it gets interesting, along the bonny bonny banks of Loch Lomond and then across from Tarbet to Inveraray along the shore of the imaginatively named Loch Long. I'm hoping to see Loch Wide and Loch Wet on my travels.
I passed a Caterham on the M6, with the driver all wrapped up, wearing his furry hat with ear-flaps and looking like Deputy Dog. I, meanwhile, was gliding along in comparative comfort, singing along to Candi Statton's "Young Hearts Run Free". This wasn't the trip to be doing in the Caterham, no matter how much I love driving it. I'll need all the Passat's boot space for the whisky I'll be buying...
Candi's disco classic was part of a monster driving playlist that it'd prepared, with all my favourite tunes, especially for the journey. I got through 62 tracks! Doobie Brothers, Elvis Costello, Average White Band, and even some stuff from this millennium...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Inveraray

No comments:

Post a Comment