Friday 20 April 2012

Believe it or not, this morning was the first time I actually tasted some Kilchoman whisky. I've been smelling and sipping the spirit coming off the still all week, but today Tony and I finally did a tasting of four different whiskies from the Kilchoman range. And, yes, it was 10am...

I'm no connoisseur, but I managed to spot some the aspects of the different tastes that Tony was pointing out. It's much easier when you're making direct comparisons, but it's clear I don't have a professional 'nose'. It was no less enjoyable, though, and now I know which bottles I'd like to buy.

So, all that's left is a wander around the shop, maybe some photos with the guys, and then make the last journey back to Bridgend.

I'll get packed up tonight, settle my hotel bill (ouch) and then have everything ready for a reasonably quick departure straight after breakfast. The ferry leaves at 9:30 in the morning, but it's only a 10 minute drive from the hotel to the terminal at Port Askaig, so it won't be too much of a rush.

I hope to post some final comments tonight, then I'll try to load some photos and videos for you to see.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment