Thursday 19 April 2012

A filling day

I had to scrape the frost off the car this morning, but it was a beautifully clear start to the day. I stopped on the way over to take some video of the view across to Jura. It was spectacular, not only for the light but also the peace & quiet. Just the sound of the birds and the sheep.

Its been a very busy morning, moving casks, painting casks, filling casks. I've put 150litres of new spirit at a time (the spirit that we distilled earlier this week) into barrels that previously held sherry and bourbon. It won't see the light of day again for at least 3 years, probably more like 10. It's completely clear when it goes into the cask, all the colour will come from the inside surface of the wood, but it still smells fantastic.

And if anyone wants to buy a single cask of Kilchoman 2012, you should know that I filled casks 195, 196 and 197. You may want to avoid those ones...

That's it for now. I may take a trip down to the beach this lunchtime, or try a small tasting with Tony, or fill some more casks with Gavin, who knows? The world is my langoustine.

Oh, and I'm so glad that my liver is back in touch again. I was beginning to worry that I'd killed it completely after my extensive Islay Ales project last night.

Ttfn



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment